Roof inspections are an important part of home maintenance. If you’ve had any damage to your roof, a thorough inspection can help you find and assess these problems before they get worse.
If you are buying a home, it’s important to know what condition the roof is in before investing in a new residence. If there are any issues or damages that will require repairs or replacements in the near future, you want to include these factors in your negotiations. If you’re selling a home, a roof inspection will allow you to be fully upfront with any potential buyers, helping to speed the process along.
During your inspection, your roofing contractor will assess:
- The existence and extent of any storm damage, leaks, sagging, weathering or other problems
- The quality of your roof, including life expectancy, maintenance requirements, the condition of your roofing materials, and any manufacturer defects
- Proper ventilation and construction
- Compliance with local coding rules and requirements
Using their experience and knowledge, your inspector can use this information to recommend any repairs or replacements needed. No matter what condition your roof is in, you’ll be better informed and prepared for the next steps you need to take.
Roof Inspections and Your Insurance
It’s also vital to have a roofing inspection before you file any insurance claims. Even though you may suspect damage or believe that the age of your roof allows for coverage, you may be wrong. Since many insurance companies consider the number of claims you’ve filed when calculating your premiums, a false claim may cost more in the end.
Instead, hiring a qualified roofing inspector can give you an idea of your roof’s condition and what you may be entitled to from your homeowners insurance. Only your insurance company can decide whether to pay for your repairs or new roof, but a roof inspection can help you understand what to expect from your claim.
Why Choose DC Generals?
Roof inspection is a must if you’re buying a home, selling a home, or working to assess damage after a storm.
DC Generals conducts thorough and trustworthy roofing inspections so you can move forward with your home sale, home purchase, or roof repair project with confidence
Call us to schedule a roof inspection today. After your inspection, we are committed to providing a fair estimate, along with the information and resources you need to make the right choice for your roof.
The DC Generals Difference
- Our customers are our top priority. In every project, we put in the time to provide the best results and experience. You can count on complete honesty and trust from the moment we connect.
- We’re on your team and armed with insurance claim experience. If you’re working with your insurance company for repair or replacement coverage, we’ll do everything we can to help you understand and succeed in your fight for your claim.
- DC Generals offers over 10 years of top industry experience, giving us the knowledge and skills to give you a beautiful, excellent roof. Plus, with our 5-year workmanship guarantee, you can have complete confidence in a job well done.
Roofing You Can Trust When It Matters Most
So happy with our service. They made us feel valued and have stayed with us every step of the way to get our roof replaced. Even when we felt the insurance company was taking too long, Gary was there to help. They are knowledgeable, friendly, and an efficient company, with excellent work ethic. Great Customer service is hard to find, but DC Generals definitely values the customer.
- Rebekah S.
The entire process starting from initial inspection, working with my insurance company, and actual roof replacement was smooth and on time. I’m very happy with my new roof. The installation crew was efficient and completed roof replacement all in one day! I’ll definitely recommend DC general to all my family, friends, and neighbors!
- Rakeshumar B.
DC Generals did an excellent job on changing single family home roof in the Vienna, Virginia area. They coordinated with the related parties, called, set up the appointment.. The pricing was fair, the work was excellent. They stayed within budget and professional. I would highly recommend DC General for roof work.
- Neetu M.